System Messages

This forum is for members of the Apiary Investment Fund. To learn more about how to get involved,
sign up now for a 14 day free trial or fill out the form below and preview the training right now!

Best FX Trading Strategies (THE Top Strategy for 2019)

Back to Forums

Pip Bandit

Best FX Trading Strategies (THE Top Strategy for 2019)

Hello all.

I have been researching Forex vigorously since I joined up, because I have not been entirely satisfied with the results I have been getting, from what I interprete to be perfectly good setups. Anyway, the long and the short of this is that I found this article on YouTube, and it seems very plausible to me. I also know that IG are a legitimate broker in the UK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvq0t0eQOG4

It appears that there is a very dark side to trading currencies and we are not all on a level playing field, due to the major banks manipulating currencies to their advantage. In summary they use techniques which are designed to completely wipe out stops that have accumulated and there is not one thing we can do about it. I especially do not like the fact that retail traders are being referred to as Dumb Money!

Finding this information completely infuriated me to the point where I felt compelled to research this subject further, and I urge anyone who is serious about becoming successful in Forex to do the same. You will see for yourselves that once you start digging around, there is plenty of information related to this exploitation.

I am not sure if I am being completely naïve here, but the message I am getting is not to take trades in situations where the setups are completely obvious, especially on the dollar pairs, and this has left me feeling very conflicted about the use of tight stop loss in our money management.

I have been experimenting with this and I have already seen significant improvement in my results, when I use ridiculously high stop loses with discretionary take profit, in fact, my last 20 trades using non-dollar pairs have all finished in the money using a 1:1 risk reward of 100 pips.

What I am really hoping for here is for a professional opinion on this subject and I welcome any feedback that anyone may have.

AttachmentSize
Equity Curve.PNG61.92 KB
Sun, 11/25/2018 - 9:56am