System Messages

This forum is for members of the Apiary Investment Fund. To learn more about how to get involved, sign up now or fill out the form below and preview the training right now!

Funding in under 100 days

Back to Forums

chaffcombe17

Funding in under 100 days

Well I have accomplished the first of two goals I set out to achieve; I did my first trade with Apiary on 20th April 2016 and made it to Gold III (the first funding level) in 96 days.

I only mention this because I hope it will encourage anyone reading this who is still going through the process, as to what is possible. It also is confirmation that Beeline as a fully automatic program works! (I have never spoken to anyone at Apiary, although there have been a few emails, back and forth). Actually, I'm pretty sure funding via Beeline can be achieved in under 90 days if you really put your mind to it. I didn't hurry Copper/Bronze and I messed up my 5 profitable days in a row in Silver. However, it must also be said I came here knowing how to trade, so if you are new to trading, you need to add some time on to cover that. There is no point in getting through Beeline in a hurry, if you are still unsure of your trading. It is far better to make every mistake under the sun in a simulated account, while still being held to account by a third-party.

My ultimate goal has always been to manage a significant sized account for Apiary. We will have to see how supportive and realistic Apiary are in helping funded traders move up through the advertised funding levels, and how accommodating the markets are!

Good trading to all fellow travellers!

Sun, 07/24/2016 - 10:59pm

Aneetlook-Faith

Good for you!!!

My goal had been 90 - 100 days to Gold 3 Funded (ended up at 159 days).

Thought when made it in 59 day thru 1 -11 90 days was going work but, Gold 2 kicked my behind LOL 93 days & 1510 trades (^_^)

cchandra51

just got in gold 2
having a heck of times on the first day more losing than gaining
zhhhhhhhhhhhh
you guys went thru this too ??
I think the idea only having 1k simulation not much room to wiggle
chandra

penny78

Congrats Aneetlook-Faith and I will be joining you today as well.

I signed up with TAF on February 5, 2017 - that's 153 days according to this (slow as molasses in January) website https://www.timeanddate.com Looking forward to making some sweet stuff together with the hive.

haydn.c.logan

This is encouraging, and my goal as well.

Aneetlook-Faith

Congrats on 153 days. I read most take 6mts - 18 mth so 153 & 159 days to Gold 3 is great in my book (^_^)

scottakjar

Congrats to those who buzz right through the Beeline and get funded quickly. I seem to be on the other side of the coin. I started in May 2016, and it is now July 2017 -- 14 months -- and I am at Gold 2, not yet funded. Some people pick up trade plans and systems quickly, and some, like me, more slowly.

So those who don't do it in 90 days, or 150 days, or even 270 days, hang in there. There are bunches of us out here who take longer than that to reach funding. Apiary is made so that we can each work at our own pace. Some bees make a beeline for the honey, while others stop to smell the roses along the way.

Aneetlook-Faith

Yes I agree. I had a personal reason for wanting to achieve funding ASAP as its my plan to have Apairy as my full time income being a funded trader to meet my financial goals with a year total. SO, by Jan 28, 2018 I plan to work to have a $5-$10k (possible with good monthly stats vs. waiting 90 days per account size increase) funded account and be earning $1500 - $2k/mth (^_^)

There is no right or wrong way to get to funded. I agree everyone needs to do it how best suits their busy lives. Just keep doing it && you WILL be funded!!!! (^_^)

wwfriedland

Congratulations to you. Best of luck in the future.

Pips.Dynamo

Very Inspirational!

daknowles53

Started mid March....funded July 19....so what ever that is...lol. If I can do it...so can anyone....just keep working at it....happy trading

Rookie

That's just piptastic. Some of us aggressive-analytical types have a bit thicker membrane to get thru but once we get it, we get it.
I'll be there by Christmas! Happy Pipping

jdbridges32

That's awesome, definitely enjoying the journey.

drbob8000

Absolutely amazing to me. I find myself getting so frustrated when trying to attain certain requirements, get within a pip or 2 or a trade or 2, only to get smacked down. But, like the song says:
I get knocked down, but I get up again...!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODkVkpaVQA

Aneetlook-Faith

Yes that gets frustrating indeed. Go for 10 -15 more than need (swear it's physiological lol)will likely get what you need helped me get through silver1-3 in 15 - 18 days. Shoot higher than need when get shut out you will get what you need (^\^) Just keep trading it will happen!

myronw204

Great accomplishment that is great

NGWA

Very inspiring and motivating. My gaol was 3 months but am now on my 4th month, still having some distance to go.

cousin.john

well done

williamdc

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing such an inspiring story. I'm almost to Gold II after 97 days.

Guy S

I appreciate this encouraging thread. I like a challenge and it seems that several in this thread are keeping the bar, i.e. time to funding, high.

kennylambert

Those are some impressive timeframes to get funded. I just got to Gold II this morning. Took me just under 9 months and I'm OK with that. I've learned quite a bit going through the process having no trading experience before I started.

Martin R

I have just made it to Gold III, I have to say Gold II really tested me as a trader and made me focus on getting a defined trading plan in place and forced me to become a disciplined trader. My advice to any one working their way towards the Gold levels is get that defined trading plan in place ASAP

raj

Very encouraging to see so many BEE'S doing well and giving positive feed back to the newcomers

warehouse72

Congratulations, Thats Awesome

danpettit57

Congrats! And thanks to all who share their experiences. It's good to see we all go through the same things.

Aneetlook-Faith

Awesome Congrats. Yes Gold 2 definitely forces one to sharpen their trading strategy I agree (^_^)

kdstear

Hello, I am almost into gold 1 and I have been trading with Apiary almost a year. I have taken my time trying to perfect my skills and I would rather make the novice mistakes here before it really counts. Good luck and Happy trading!

awqua

#chaffcombe17 & #Aneetlook-Faith, thanks both of you for your inspiring posts. Hoping to join you guys soon on Sept 6 with Gold 3 in 87 days.

#kdstear, agreed, one of the best pieces of advice I keep in mind is from what Todd said in the "2013 February Summit - From Boohoo to Woohoo: Emotions & Psychology" video clip where he says "you are the best trader you know." Priceless advice as I've learned not to try trading like someone else and stuck to my system.

primetime21a

Good job it is very encouraging that you not only had a plan but you also stuck to it.

ggerlich

Well said and very nice comments.

All the best and good luck.

jasesmith

I just hit gold II myself and looking forward to the challenge of maintaining positive expectancy and more wins then losses. That's the hardest part with my tight stop loss strategy.

BruceWayneTrades

I'm nearly done Gold 1, another 2 weeks or so of the 3 week trading task. Started June 27th, 2017, so nearing on 60 days. I think 90 days will be possible but I'm not sure what Gold 2 entails in terms of length of trading etc.

Defender30

It's encouraging to know that the process is automatic and no hidden crap to get funded after you fulfill Bee line requirements.Congrats for being funded!!

wdedwards66

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Good to know it is possible. Great news! Good Trading!

wdedwards66

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Good to know it is possible. Great news! Good Trading!

larrycheshier

Congrats!! This is my first goal also. Keep us advised as to support you receive as you move on. May we all know the love and salvation of Yeshua.

ChristopherJ

I was doing great thinking I would be funded in 90 days or so. Then I hit quicksand in Gold I.
It will probably take me the time it took me from bronze I to Gold I to get to Gold II.

arsitaraman

I started on June 25 with Apiary and reached Gold 1 two weeks back(total 45 days). Completed everything for Gold 1 in two days except for the wait of 3 weeks. All fine till yesterday and only 3 trades and three days to go to Gold II. Today thanks to a blunder and more blunders by hedges (in a hurry placed a sell instead of buy compounding the errors!) and everything fell apart and got stopped out for exceeding the daily risk of $500.00! Well, learnt a very big lesson not to let the losses go far by closing the deal rather than to stop further losses by hedging with opposite trade to buy time ( thank god for this to happen before funding). Over the weekend will decide on two or three strategies only (scalping, breakouts and overnight). Determined to be better disciplined and finish the next 100 trades in a week or less and come out of this as a better Trader with increased confidence.
Sita

stanchev.ivaylo

Great job chaffcombe 17!

Wish you a successful trading!

ggerlich

Sita

I see you meanwhile made achieved Gold ii.

Great to see that you made it happen.

Gerald

PS: Gold I is a waiting game for me as well right now. Patience is important :)

arsitaraman

Just made Gold III. Less than 3 months from Copper I and today in Gold III!
Thanks to all the bees for sharing their experiences, strategies, ideas etc.
The real test starts now!
Wish me luck!
Sita

ekantrading

Chaffcombe17,

Congratulations on your achievement, it is awesome.

I noticed you wrote "I have never spoken to anyone at Apiary, although there have been a few emails, back and forth". However, one of the beeline achievements in Gold1 level is to have an interview with the risk manager.

I am interested to know how you passed that assignment without talking to the risk manager...hope you would share your experience.

----Later edit----
I just found this in the top topic under "Funding": "You know you are ready to talk to a risk manger when you have more wins then losses, your averge win is greater then your average loss, you haven't lost two percent of your account balance in a single trade, you have placed a minimum of 100 trades, and you have been with us for a minimum of 100 days! If you meet these criteria email into statistics@apiaryfund.com !"

I suppose that explains it. Well done!

danjsilve

Congrats. I have come close 3 times, with just 1 requirement to hit, but then have had a setback. It's like hitting a resistance level for real.

CurtB

Congrats. Well Done!

adamadabek

congratulations. When you say you came to Apiary knowing how to trade do you classify yourself as a breakout or reversal trader and what is your preferred time chart to trade( 5 minute 4 hour daily or some other time). Thanks.

bigbadmikeusa

It will be one year for me in about 6 days or so and I'm at gold 1. I've learned so much in that time and I think I've finally found a strategy that works for me and as I have been testing it everything is coming together quite well. I'm hoping that I can get to gold two within the next quarter.

ror4psu

To all the gold level traders -- don't be in a rush to get to Gold 3. Practicing in G1 or 2 is a good thing. Getting funded provides a nice feeling of accomplishment, but if you make some mistakes, as I have, it's not just another task that has to be completed. It's real money, even though it's Apiary's. If you're close to moving into funded but aren't really confident in your trading, use your sim accounts to sharpen your skills before getting funded.

michaelj

And, even after you are funded you can still practice in your sim accounts.

kenmoe1

Congratulations! I am working on the same

hoskie1664

Congradulations that's awesome!!!

davidjroe8

Starting with trading skills saves the time it takes to develop them.

ted738

Congratulations to you. I started in March 2017 and I at Silver 3. I am not in a real hurry because I only have limited time to trade. I am hoping to get funded in the next 30 days.

colburnbrown

Congratulations, awesome job!!

anncj190

Congratuations to all the gold level members! I am at silver 2. Several time it started me over with place 5 profitable trades and win loss ratio. I am having problems with putting stop losses.

gwendoline.gould

Congratulation, 100 days that's awesome, I am working a little more leisurely, and will be pleased to be fully funded before I retire.
I found Silver 1 and 2 the most challenging. I is only since working in Gold that I have had aha moments and had better results and
now feel confident that this is something I am going to succeed with and can look forward to my retirement.

pacemath

Hi,

Good to know, I have had those criteria now for a while. I am a snail and it's taking me forever. Life events have slowed me down considerably. Anyway, great job!

torreschris9

Hello,

I have goal of making it to Silver III by my 30th day of enrollment. I have 4 days left on silver II and my 30th day is this friday! Wish me Luck.

Aneetlook-Faith

Congrats on reaching Gold 3 (^_^)

dantolchin1

Thank you for sharing your story. Those are certainly words of encouragement to someone who has just started Copper!

petersmaltz

Thanks for the inspiration.

nickfx153

congratulations !!!

tomwhowes

Perfect Head and Shoulder on USD/CAD hourly chart . You can sell at 1.27355 and close your position at 1.27042. This trade will be done by the time you wake up in the morning. I placed a stop at 1.27568

Good Luck,

Tom

mtmorrow

Congrats on reaching Gold 3 in 100 days that is quite an accomplishment.

colburnbrown

Congratulation, awesome job!!

Gold Miner

Its nice to see other traders having some of the same challenges and accomplishments as myself.

TReef

Great Job, I am still grinding away, not sure how long it has been for me. I started sometime in Aug. 2017 and I am half way through Gold 1 and it's my second Day in Gold.

pao

That's great, 3 quarters for mine, ages..................

Android

Nice motivational thread this!

I just made silver 3 exactly 1 month from when I started the 30 day trial. I also messed up the 5 days with five trades like the starter of this thread.

Needed to be reminded to be patient. I tried to have the maintain average win/loss finished every day.

Prepared me for this 2 weeks with 2 trades ordeal atleast. Time will be wasted!

Android

double post

stickney

Funded today took me just about 18 months but I didn't even know how to make out a trade order when I started. Keep at it and TRADE TRADE TRADE.

farmer.mike.mw

Working diligently to Gold myself. Started in early October, now just made Silver 3. I messed up 5 trades in 5 days also. Hopefully, no more mistakes and on to funded status.

Agent Orange

Finally. (Woohoo!!!) took me around 7 months. Whizzed through all the levels but spent around 4 months on Gold 2

kll

What's the shortest time someone got funded?

Alaa

thanks for sharing your experience that really encourage newbies :)

good luck and happy trading

docawofeso

GOLD 3 FUNDED FINALLY !!!

leonelmb

Congratulations "chaffcombe17" its really encouraging and inspiring!!
I did my first trade with Apiary on 09th October 2017 In 61 days I`m about to finish Silver II but I just yesterday I made a terrible mistake, in my 4th day winning I changed my strategy. I overtrade the account and I messed up my 5 profitable days in a row too! however I find very interesting your advice and I totally agree with you: "It is far better to make every mistake under the sun in a simulated account, while still being held to account by a third-party"
And its really valuable the way you can improve your tranding in all aspects by Beeline and also it is great to confirm that is a fully automatic program.
Big success for your freedom! to all Apiary traders!

sreten.ninkovic

Hi all,

I started 12/4/17. I am on Apiary Found III.
If some one have some advice i am happy to hear it.
I am pretty familiar wit Forex so i think I have some wind in my back.

Any way i will inform you when I finish it.

good luck all

B1Angelo

i just made it to silver III and look forward to hitting gold I . It been almost 6 months and i think i getting better determining my trades and reducing the loses. Congrats to all that made it to gold already!!

pieter

Wow that is really good going, I've started 9 weeks ago and is now on Gold 1. I still have to sort out my risk management better. I don't like it yet. Got stopped out on Silver 3, due to one of those really amazing candles that jump more than 120 pips. That was harsh

roman.leikin

Good job!!

Gonzo

This is probably a stupid question, but do you get funded upon entering Gold III, right after Gold II, or after completing the tasks within Gold III? I assumed it's after completing all the tasks, but the way I read some of these posts implies otherwise.

Thanks!

triguylm1

Hi Gonzo! Yes, once you've passed all the requirements in Gold 2, you are eligible to go into your manage account setting and activate the "Funded" account. Just know that one only has $1,000.00 to work with, so pick wisely. Also, limit your position in the market to 2 or 3 positions at a time unless you have a winning trade, then add to that position, and so forth.

There is no hurry to become funded, and once funded it's still a learning process.

Gonzo

Thanks, Triguy, that’s good to know! So I’m guessing that passing the tasks within Gold III is a prerequisite for getting a higher funding level?

triguylm1

Yes, you are correct again. Gold 3 task are similar to Gold 2 task. That is maintaining profitability; thus, greater win vs Loss in dollar value, and more wins than losses as well. Much like getting through Silver 2 & 3.

I have the best results by using short term strategies for ranging price market conditions and longer term strategies for trending market conditions. The trick is to understand which strategy works best for trending markets compared to markets that are moving sideways.

The hedge trade works great when market is trading in the typical consolidation cycle; hence, the market will spike up 8 to 15 pips and return to entry price, and next thing you know it will spike down 8 to 15 pips. So, about a 30 pip average range from high pivot to low pivot during these consolidation cycles. Time of day? Usually, the Tokyo session.

The EUR/USD has been on such a long bullish trend in 2017 that it has found a major resistance price of about 1.20200, currently down since Sept. 7 to about 1.17500, so about 270 pips from the year "high". and the recent pivot low is 1.15800, so about 170 pips from support. Refer to the D1 chart. According to my 200 ema long term strategy, I'm currently looking to run bullish on any 12 to 18 pip bearish moves. After, price moves into profit I will begin to add another position every 15 pips, but sometimes the market moves fast so that will vary. Exit strategy is triggered when the market reverses more than 8 pips, so an 8 pip trailing stop.

Anyway, I'm still working on improving my number of winning trades that carry high dollar value, so increasing ave. pip amount above 28 pip average.

eivind

Congratulations on your achievement!

luxemomo

congrat to everyone who got funded. but be AWARE: Get funded in one part of the job, the other side is to keep it ahead and consistent over the time. Good luck

ricardo.gonzale...

on Gold 1 you have to place 3 trades at least for 3 conscutive weeks, so it´s really impossible to pass gold 1 in less than 3 weeks regardless of your effectiveness in other challenges

g.phil.hope

It took me almost 2 years to get to Gold lll. Why? because I didn't listen as closely as I should. I have learned the error of my ways and I am forging ahead in Gold lll with 12 wins out of 13 trades in 3 trading days so far.

I am using the SMA 30, and Stoch 5,3,3 as shown in Trade Development Sessions but on the 15 minute time frame. I have developed a Lot Size Calculation spread sheet using ATR which gives me instant access to proper money management in all my trades, and I will not place a trade unless SMAs are moving in the same direction on M15, H1 and H4.

I stick rigidly with my strategy and will not deviate from my Money Management spread sheet information and it is working.

Fashleytelford24

Inspirational! I was brand new to trading when I started at the end of March of 2017. I am currently Gold I and have learned a lot along the way. When I started I heard the stories of people being funded in 90 days and had high hopes of meeting that gold. Obviously I missed that target by several months but I do not regret one day of my training. I have learned so much through the Beeline process and still have a lot to learn. I am more confident in my trading than I was 10 months ago and I am looking forward to the challenges Gold II will bring. I it a process for sure. Don't rush it! Learn all that you can before being funded.

Ash

charissablake75

Thanks for sharing, Mr. Hope.

adizzy1

congrats on the funding, but I agree with you totally on the no need to rush it. The training and learning how to trade in a profitable manner is worth way more than just the small funded acct. If you have never traded forex before, absorb everything they teach you here and practice practice practice. You can always come across money, but to know how to trade in a risk/reward way will get you through forever. I hope your funded act. grows quickly and you have fun building it up

aebi.insurance

Looks like this may be a dead topic, but just wanted to share that this is possible, or at least close to it. I counted up about 110 days for me to reach Gold III and I am now finally funded. Most of it was done thru short scalping, using a similar approach to Shawns wobble.

tcpig2012

This was an awesome read. Thank you for posting and telling your story. I have just entered Gold 1 and I am a bit nervous about the prospect but I am also determined to see it through. I plan to go over my trading plan and refine it again and try like no ones business to be funded. Thanks for the inspiring message.

ffchen94536

I think so called tricks to advance levels are parts of the training. They are not only involved know-how-to-do but also need discipline. After the training of know-how and discipline and when the account gets funded, the trader will also know how and have discipline to keep the account profitable and risk under controlled. Frank.

tanguays

I am very close to Silver III and almost quit after about 15 bad trades. Since those 15 bad trades I went back and looked at why I was successful before those really poor trades and went back to my system. Since those poor trades, I am running about 80% win rate with a higher $win to loss ratio. I was trying to push trades in on days where I didn't have a lot of time and learned a valuable lesson or two. Onto Silver III with much more confidence!

hodgesj

I have taken much longer than most people but have really enjoyed the experience and never get bored of trading. My work and personal life have always come first hence why I have not been able to advance as quick. My tip for anyone trying to get funded. Never give up if you love it so much. It doesn't matter how long it takes. Ever since I got to GOLD 2 (2 weeks ago) I have seen a marked improvement in my trading ability. I think it has finally clicked and my equity curve is more consistent than ever.

bge4gxe

That's encouraging. My goal is funding within 90 days. This is my day 12. I can't wait to Market open on Sunday since I lost in big time last section just try to gain 10 pips and $0.01. My 5 day straight earn reset and 3 day 10 pips reset too. After I ready the forum, I am pretty sure I will get it done this coming week.

Yesterday there are too many excited moves. But my magic hand always pick the opposite direction. Now I think I know how to due with it.

pcguy007

It took me 6 months of breaking my bad habits to get funded

petrostsoutsas

Congratulations and thanks for sharing

huntb44

I started in April and got funded in 97 days and that included 2 weeks off for vacation and no trading. Keep at it. I got funded in July and have had 2 raises already. This is very doable in the environment Apiary has created. Cheers and happy Thanksgiving.

triguylm1

Steady as she goes works as well! I have moved up to yet another funded level today. I'm grateful for all those comments above that have helped develop profitable results.

Rookie

Lindsey, congrats to a Bee that really deserves the credit.

vesskrastev

Congratulations triguylm1!

You are an inspiration to newly funded bees like me. Steady advancing, with great results to show! Steady as she goes, you mentioned that a few times. That is what I strive to achieve also.

Vess

Guan

Finally reach G2.

Rookie

@Guan, member since Oct 2013, I understand finally!
Congrats to you for your long journey! Steady as she goes.

cousin.john

Wow! 96 days that's great. I'll be lucky if I can do it in under 1000 days

ralphoyague

i would like to know how many hours per day did chaffcombe71 dedicate to achieving a funded account in 90 days.... this part of his comment is conpicuously missing,,,, im sure the hive would like to know the average time you spent daily to achieve this feat.i personally am restrained by time factors that allow me to tend agenda maybe 3 times a week for an hour or two. im currently on gold 1 that took me about 7 months.Silver 1 and 3 were very difficult for me.

triguylm1

ralphoyaque, I can't speak for chaffcombe71, but I'm a busy person as many fellow bees, and could only devote a few hours max per day. So, it's possible to get funded in only 90 to 100 days, doing part time. Experience in trading helps to get there quicker.

Keep in mind, The important part of the process is not to get funded too soon. In other words, this process is to learn to be profitable on a consistent basis and not to just reach funded account.

Reaching funded account with a profitable system of several strategies is key to progressing to higher funded levels. One strategy only will not produce consistent profits, because market conditions are changing from consolidation to expansion and from ranging conditions to trending.

I'm currently using 8 strategies and refining which ones work best in trending markets and which ones work best in range bound markets.

For example: Obviously, the S/R strategies work best on range bound markets!

Gabriella

congrats, thanks for the info!

mpanos1

I'm at 150 and am in Gold 2. Even with trading experience, having a F/T job makes it hard to get to Gold three in under 3-4 months. I hope to in and through Gold 3 in next 30 days. We'll see! Love the comment from triguylm1 on not just having but NEEDING multiple strategies for the ever-changing market conditions. I only have two strategies and I'm seeing a need for at least 2-3 more. Keep going bees...there's enough help in the hive for many of us to get through Gold 3 to funding!

ffchen94536

I don't know if the requirements have been modified. In today's requirements, there are minimum time requirement. Gold I needs 3 weeks. Gold 2 needs 4 weeks. Gold 3 needs 4 weeks. Silver 1 needs 1 week, Silver 2 needs 1 weeks. Silver 3 seems to need 1 week, too.

kmac987

Congrats. I too did all of silver 1 this last week but screwed up getting 4 of 5 profitable days. Oh well, will get it next week and move on. Have a great weekend.

GLTrader

Well I guess I spent too much time on too many variations of trading systems to get funded within 90 days. I just turned silver III Nov 30th and I think I can knock it out within a week or two definitely by end of Dec 2018. Im just glad I finally found my own trading system which works so far and can generate good pips daily as that has been my goal get the pips regular and the cash will come flowing later.

TGI

I would love to get funded in this short time, nice job! The time constraints are the only hold back..
Good luck all!!

Rookie

@TGI1225, time has little to do with getting funded, cash management does.

chiefkamachi

awesome ! im hitting gold soon enough !!

cousin.john

Holy Cow, I can't belive it I made Gold 2. I was stuck in Gold 1 for 15 months. Don't give up, it can be done. Have a plan and stick to it.

v9hlt63

I think that Silver II level was most challenging. I am glad that I passed it.

v9hlt63

What is the most common trading strategy for an intermediate trader? Thank you very much in advance for your advice.

michaelwilkins333

Thanks for all the encouragement this is a great opportunity i cant wait to get funded..

pedroluisgs

How is it possible if some of the requirements last 1 month at each level?

raultontini

Congratulations and thanks for sharing

9JaKrypto

Very inspiring reading through the threads. @hodgesj you did it the right way. it has to be part of your system and should not control your schedule and other aspects of your life

tanguays

Made Gold II today and excited to get to Gold III. I am adjusting my trading strategy a bit. I have read many forum posts on Gold II and Gold III and all of the recommendations pointed to trading small, i.e. 0.01 lots, thereby reducing the risk of loss. I will try this for a week or so, as Gold II has a 3-4 week minimum duration and try to keep both a positive trade % and remain profitable.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Happy trading!

Rookie

Don't worry about the time frame just complete the tasks and move on to funding. yes, .01 will get you there and thru G3 Lv1. When you hit 2.5K 10 days later you might want to try .02 but not higher.

tanguays

Thanks Rookie. Starting my 3rd day on Gold II. Up about $30 so far trading very small lots and trying hard to minimize any losses. 30 trades so far and 20 of them winners.

Rookie

@tanguays. thanks, great to learn! even with a few losses if doing.01 it doesn't sting so much..:))

johncpaone

Having the ability to read all of these comments is priceless.

It makes me feel that I am never alone even during my most challenging assignments. If I continue to read your comments and search the hive, I always can get the ideas that I need to circumvent a "road block".

I can see the end of the road now, so to speak, so I have more patience and fear now. Greed is not an inherent characteristic of mine, but it did appear early in my Apiary journey when I wanted to prove what I thought I had learned and make a lot of money with this newfound knowledge.

After many long hours of study and trial and error, I am shocked that the payoff is occurring. I will not brag because this is unbecoming and it can also be fatalistic. But it is nice to see my account grow consistently. If only I could avoid lapses in risk management, I will be a successful trader. Along the way, some "luck" has bolstered my account too.

Thanks all.

tanguays

Now only 39 trades away from Gold III but need to also wait another 10 days. Will be trading cautiously from here on out. Up $55 on the account so far and all of the numbers look good.

Its been about 110 days since I started.

Thanks Hive for the feedback and advice!

Rookie

@tanguays, good job, steady as you go!

Ward

Great work. It is inspiring.

drdgn

WOW! Congrats

evansmgmt

Working for Gold, now. I love the idea of 1000 pips/week.

Wallid

What an inspiration, congratulation man that is awesome.

Pips for Profit

@ Let'sdance....

Saw your post and thought I could give you my 2 cents worth!! Going through the higher levels of the beeline can be stressful and scary at times.....until its not.
The best advice that I can give you probably have heard before...I certainly had, but did not have considerable success until i BELIEVED it!! The first thing is to ONLY use the smallest micro lot possible. (.01) This certainly will not make you much money but your equity curve will still grow or fall the same. When doing this you take so little risk that even big mistakes will not draw down your account very much.

Secondly...When you find a strategy you like, DO NOT abandon It if the first couple of trades were not good. If the strategy is proven,......(go back and look at the charts and how well it has done over time) than it is far more beneficial to practice that strategy over and over until your trading results are the same as the strategy provides. Its probably best that you either perfect that particular strategy, or find another and perfect that. Searching for the perfect strategy because you had losses on the last one you tried will just waste time.

Thirdly... Realize that loosing trades are just the cost of doing business. Even the best traders in the world have continual losses....along with their gains. We need to be ok, and completely accept the risk on EVERY trade that we make. Also, we need to get to the point that we TRUST our strategy. If our trading plan is giving us 6-7 or more winning trades out of 10....we need to realize that we have no idea if the next trade will be a winner or a looser, and further more we don't have to know!!! We need to be just like the casino's. Like us...they have a statistical edge that produces continual profit over time!!

Anyway...hope this helps. Happy trading everyone!!

Pips for Profit

@ Let'sdance....

Saw your post and thought I could give you my 2 cents worth!! Going through the higher levels of the beeline can be stressful and scary at times.....until its not.
The best advice that I can give you probably have heard before...I certainly had, but did not have considerable success until i BELIEVED it!! The first thing is to ONLY use the smallest micro lot possible. (.01) This certainly will not make you much money but your equity curve will still grow or fall the same. When doing this you take so little risk that even big mistakes will not draw down your account very much.

Secondly...When you find a strategy you like, DO NOT abandon It if the first couple of trades were not good. If the strategy is proven,......(go back and look at the charts and how well it has done over time) than it is far more beneficial to practice that strategy over and over until your trading results are the same as the strategy provides. Its probably best that you either perfect that particular strategy, or find another and perfect that. Searching for the perfect strategy because you had losses on the last one you tried will just waste time. Its pointless to try to grow our account if we have not yet learned to be consistent with our proven strategy. Don't risk drawing down your account. When we have learned to trade well...than the money will come, but its not something that we should worry about when learning how to trade.

Thirdly... Realize that loosing trades are just the cost of doing business. Even the best traders in the world have continual losses....along with their gains. We need to be ok, and completely accept the risk on EVERY trade that we make. Also, we need to get to the point that we TRUST our strategy. If our trading plan is giving us 6-7 or more winning trades out of 10....we need to realize that we have no idea if the next trade will be a winner or a looser, and further more we don't have to know!!! We need to be just like the casino's. Like us...they have a statistical edge that produces continual profit over time!!

Anyway...hope this helps. Happy trading everyone!!

tanguays

Thanks everyone! I made it in about 120 days. Long process but well worth the learning.

Rookie

Tanguay, Congrats and good for you,

Pips for Profit lets dance, I know you needed a partner so you hit the enter twice...:)

tanguays

Thanks Rookie

Daniel Conroy

are you still here? managed to get to the top funding level?

Sterling

A simple suggestion, and this is more for the not-so-experienced traders out there.

NEVER GIVE UP!!!

No matter how long it takes to get through Beeline!

I am totally amazed with the fact that Apiary, or anyone else, would be willing fund my trading.

And in that regard, it makes complete sense that they would provide the best training possible to anyone they would even consider funding!

BigJ54

Well done, I've reached Gold 2 myself and would like to move to the next level at a fast pace, but your record is very high, probably it will take me a little longer.

jtworkman

Gold I next up Gold II
I need to refine management strategies.
any suggestions

Rookie

congrats, Jt.
only one .01lot size will earn the day, every day.

ABL4x

I've gotten all the G2 done except a couple of the maintains...

Century: Maintain Average Win > Average Loss

Great Expectations II: Maintain A Positive Trade Expectancy

other than that I just hit my 3 out 4 weeks with 5 trades... so crossing my fingers a week from today I am G3 :D

if that happens it will be my 97th day in the program :P

skinnerdn

made gold III 1/25/19 not in 90 days but 10 mths no experience and a thick head were my biggest problem

lifetradingfx

Congrats to everyone achieving Gold. I guess Rookie is very right. Consistency is the key to get funded but most importantly to make consistent profits once we are funded...

Rookie

@lifetradingfx, thx and yes my book of doing as I say and not as I do is always right...:))))))

kyle_1

Silver 3 was my hiccup

alanr1

Amazing achievement

npolkam

Great thread. lots of things to pick up here.