System Messages

This forum is for members of the Apiary Investment Fund. To learn more about how to get involved, sign up now or fill out the form below and preview the training right now!

Sunday Evening 22:32 Alveo unresponsive!

Back to Forums

jjtrader

Sunday Evening 22:32 Alveo unresponsive!

Help!  Alveo is ignoring all of my Buy stop orders...

I entered a trade mannually (at market) and it went up 13+ pips, ignored my TP price, I trailed it with my SL but then price went back down.  Blew right through my SL.  I tried to "flatten all trades" - no luck. I tried to manually "close order" - no luck!

Alveo is ignoring all the orders - so now I just sit and helplessly watch the price drop with no way to close the tade!

Anyone else having this problem?

Sun, 09/13/2015 - 6:44pm

Trader-Gator

Same thing is happening to me, jj.

jjtrader

Going down, down down!

2015-09-13_1553_Alveo_non-responsive.png

Trader-Gator

I even tried rebooting....... nothing works. I guess I'll just sit this out until morning. Maybe we'll get lucky and the trade will go back in our favor. Fortunately, I only have one trade working.

jjtrader

Sorry Trader-Gator! At least I know it isn't just me!

Tom-CroCanadian

same here... do not execute TP or SL...It seems that will execute trailing stop... but I could not exit position on any other way.

Trader-Gator

Sorry Tom, I don't understand. I deleted my SL and TP and still can't get out of the trade Also fooled with the trailing stop. I give up. Hey.... it's not a real money account (for me) anyway.
And no Jill..... it's definitely not JUST you.

Oktavian

yes, same problem here

jjtrader

So Tom, how do I get a trailing stop to exit the trade? In the red now, I just want out.

sivakumarsrc

same here cant execute SL or TP or close the trade

Oktavian

jjtrader, i guess you have to right click on the open position, select the stop loss number and put a check mark in the trailing box

jacob

Trade has been triggered but unable to close trade - seems likely a Alveo platform problem

jjtrader

Thanks Octavian. I did try that but no luck. I guess we all just have to sit and watch....

Just Pippin

Same here, Also I have 2 orders in on the same pair for a break out trade and am getting quoted ask price on my sell order and bid price on my buy order.

I am new but not that new. Am I missing something?

Trader-Gator

It's working now! It's very interesting that we had to wait for the 12:00 Am open of the Tokyo and Sydney market.

jacob

Alveo seems to be ok now, just managed to close my trade albeit at much smaller pip profit!

Tom-CroCanadian

sorry jjtrader... I fall a sleep...long day... anyhow.. yahh it seems that is working now.. I will put couple of trades just to test it before London opens

Tom-CroCanadian

Gator...you just playing on demo account or you are not funded just jet?

Trader-Gator

Tom..... It was a prefunded account. Not real money.

bianconir

Mine just crashes if I leave it on for while with no activity.

Nigel33

After the most recent update,Alveo is unresponsive to me again. I cannot even place a trade. When I try to place a trade, the screen freezes and becomes unresponsive. Anyone having the same issue here?

Sokha

@nigelhing1--

I used to have that kind of issues all the time when I used my i5 CPU processor with 4 GB ram computer windows 7 professional. I usually opened either TradeStation or FXCM to watch my trading analysis that I mapped out the night before London open, and then opened Alveo to place the trades. The screen froze and became unresponsive. I missed the good entry at market order during those London open.

I resolved this issue by upgrading my computer to i7-4790 CPU processor with 16 GB RAM. Since then, I have not seen that kind of issues.

You want a processor with a CPU bench mark of 12,000 or higher for trading in my opinion. If your computer already had a CPU bench mark higher than 12,000, and this kind of issue is happening to you. Please ignore this message, then. It has to be Alveo platform issue.

http://cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html