System Messages

This forum is for members of the Apiary Investment Fund. To learn more about how to get involved, sign up now or fill out the form below and preview the training right now!

Trading Strategy

Back to Forums

Jenny K

Trading Strategy

Well it was a long month stuck in Silver 2 letting psycology get to me but I finanlly conquered it! My strategy is to keep things  as simple as possible. I look at the 4 hour chart, 1 hour chart and 5 min chart to determin movement. I use pivot points , RSI and price action to determin when to enter and exit a trade. 

That's all I got for now!

Happy Tradding everyone!

Tue, 08/14/2018 - 6:11pm

Mac56

Congratulations Jenny on Silver III. I just got there myself today.

sam.lange38

Great Jenny

I might give that a go a see how i go.

akutee2010

SILVER III TODAY ,, ME TOO, I DIDN'T EVEN EXPECT IT LOL!!!!! Thought I had another 2 days or so in profit first hahaha

Mike Smith

Jenny,

Perfect. I believe strongly in constantly passing hazards like BEELINE to legitimize our trading choices and narrow strategy down.
Seems that's what you're doing. 'Shawn The Scalper' seems a little contrarian to the beeline orthodoxy but either way.

I still feel better identifying strongest momentum direction and taking a 1:2 SL:TP risk on it.
Why not learn both ways. Yes.

Rookie

Mike, when it comes to trading methodology Shawn will be the first one to say, do as I say (teachings) and not as I do.
Scalping is hard to make equity at and the wobble is harder.

Mike Smith

@RNM

Both is better. Diversify = No Regret. :)

sirkensmythe

Well done Jenny I'm going to try your technique. I'm on silver one and struggling to get 5 days in a row

anilpatel1975

I find apiary pivot points most effective in trading strategy.

anilpatel1975

I find apiary pivot points most effective in trading strategy.

Lejumeau

Congrat Jenny on your gold 3, waiting for the 8 days before becoming in the gold family ;-)

mcolby2

Jenny - I had a similar struggle with Silver 2 and was in it 4 weeks longer than I should have been.
I also let the psycho part get to me as I was trading the 1 and 5 minute charts just to get a few pips to make a profitable day.
I'm done with that now and back to 15, 30 and 1 Hour charts which make sense to me. Even Daily charts are better for me than 1 minute ones. Probably because I'm not thinking quickly enough to handle the short time frames.
I acknowledge my short-coming and I am glad to move on.

While its great to try out new strategies, by now I'm sure we all have our favorites.
I like using Trend Location on 1H and 4H charts - and occasionally on a Daily chart.
My other favorite is Momentum and MACD on daily charts. I can search for setups on these once or twice a week.
I have not used the Pivot points in my trading, but can see how they could be very useful.
I'll have to give then a second look.

vrejk

silver was though wait till u finish ...hopefully gold will be better...lol....

Brad B.

Thanks for sharing Jenny. I like your strategy because it's simple.